Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our dad's hat.


My friend Jen told me her dad said, " Your creativity should go into the way you live, not just into your work." And since that conversation I've found myself trying to implement it into my life. I've found I'm either pushing a collection, landscaping, or my kitchen cupboard issue. That's not really life is it? But what is "your life"? When I showed my dad the current look book, he was quite enamoured with the use of his hat. He asked where the hat band was, I said it's on her head in other pictures, he liked it. He said he was really proud of buddy and me for doing our own photo shoots. He told me people get paid a lot of money to do that stuff. I don't think he knows I used to be a stylist. Or that Buddy's a magazine editor et photographer. I think he thinks of us as girls who laugh a little too loud and can catch a mean trout or who paddle out when it's a little too big for our skill set. And that is evidence of living.

2 comments:

  1. I will wait. but I want you to know I'm ecstatic about spring..

    Loves.

    Old Intern Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have respect for those who allow creativity and style fill the entirety of their life whether it's work, a living space even the way one moves...

    It takes something special to allow creativity to permeate all aspects of one's life. There's just something super thrilling about creating something out of nothing! K, boring... Too real...

    Killer styling, Heidi Merrick! Those trousers are electric! They bring life to something as boring and mundane as dead palm fronds.

    The hat definitely keeps you from thinking that "something is missing."

    The silver cuffs rock! There were a bunch of silver EVERYTHING from bangles, cuffs and chunky rings at the bazaars in Siem Reap near Angkor Wat.

    You'd love the glam...That said, when are you guys coming? :oP

    Put on love...

    ReplyDelete