Thursday, May 15, 2008

Batchelders


My husband's stuck in Nicaragua. He went there on a surf trip and was supposed to be back tonight -his plane was cancelled. I think I'm going to take this opportunity to get our fire place re-done. You can see it in the back of this picture, it's "Batchelder tile" which belongs deep in a castle with gnomes and people with "powers", not necessarily in a house in Silver lake. My husband disagrees with me on this point -he thinks it's valuable. Which brings me to my point; value -what is value? Whatever something goes for on eBay? Have we really become such a callous society? A home without love is worth nothing, the hole-y green scarf my teething nephew chewed the day my brother was ordained -everything. (Now I'm a cc commercial.) All that is to say, I don't care how much the tiles are worth -they're ugly to me. Come home soon JJ!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I had to do it... All it takes is one google of "heidi merrick" and it's no secret what you've been up to and how much you're loved! I found you online a while ago and every now & then I sneak to look at your gorgeous creations. And then, there you were! Right there in my one of my favorite magazines! That's when I knew I had to say hello. You look amazing, your dresses are gorgeous and your blog is entertaining! Wishing you all the best, now & always!

    Angela (Leitz) Spann

    ps- I have a blog too. More of a family scrapbook, not nearly as chic as yours... spanns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "which belongs deep in a castle with gnomes and people with 'powers'"

    this being said--

    Heidi, I'm getting a flashback from a convo about someone being into lord of the rings... or was it hobbits? It's been said to me we like those who remind us of ourselves. maybe YOU have special powers, in which case I believe the tile indeed belongs in your lovely home.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you say that. I had dinner and drinks with a German count and countess a while back.

    They did seem kinda fishy...as if Marinic could read minds or she levitates on the weekends deep in their Bavarian castle.

    ...or maybe I had one two many chocolate martinis?

    At any rate, "Put on love..."

    ReplyDelete