Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Yellow Submarine.



I've been having terrible trouble leaving the studio on time... It's led friends to sweetly ask, "Are you a workaholic?" ha ha. That's so 80's. Anyhoo, last night it left Buddy in her car waiting for our eat-Indian-and-edit-shots-date at my place. Once situated on our veranda my favorite food delivery man came up the stairs! He was actually an inspiration for my spring 08 shoot -he's always wearing subtle colored turbans and beautifully manicured mouschtashe -see background of this shot.) Buddy then confessed she had the C in her car with our Silverlake article and went ahead and ordered our favorite Indian! She's really a magical best friend. So, I said, "grab it, grab it!" (the C) and we showed him the mention and he was really happy. I think this may have redeemed our house as a delivery destination since last time he came the entire 2nd and 3rd generations of Merrick's were found in the jacuzzi singing raucous round of Yellow Submarine. Finally, Buddy and I had to own up to the fact that I tend to re-name things and Buddy, being a literalist, believes them to be the actual names. So, I confessed I consider their "Balti" a wee bit salty and no feelings were hurt. He agreed it's a signature dish and well worth mentioning even as "Salty Balti".
xoox

1 comment:

  1. I dont know what balti is, but salty balti doesn't sound appealing going in the mouth, on the contrary it is hysterical rolling off the tongue-

    because of this delightful post I giggled outloud in the middle of the Student Union here in 'po-dunk' county oklahoma.

    While the other kids are quietly working on papers I'm indulging in great reads. (I know they're jealous. so am I embarrassed? absolutely not)

    Loves.

    Old Intern Jenn

    ReplyDelete