Friday, November 13, 2009

By and buy.


We are always surprised at the vast difference between our Heidi Merrick customer and retail buyers. It's almost laughable. When we sit down to cut, as we are now for Spring 10, we have customer pre-orders and favorites and then what the buyers bought. They are rarely the same. Why? I believe it's the horrible truth that I've always thought true of design and function, if it works for everybody -it is spectacular to no one... And I understand trepidation and the buyer, people want easy buys. Fine. But for me, nothing is an easy buy, I weight things out, I fall in love, I wait to buy something that if someone only sees me onetime and that's what I'm wearing I'm okay with that definition. Not to say I'm always wearing something spectacular, hello, I'm 8 months pregnant. But I am still wearing our Portside pants from Spring 10 -that coincidentally were only ordered on personals...
xoxo

1 comment: