Friday, December 14, 2007

Ode to Buddy on her Birfday.


Most people reach adulthood just remembering the days they giggled endlessly with their best friends or got banned from whispering bc everybody knew whatever they were talking about was dang good. But my adulthood has been captured by moments where Buddy throws her head back and immortalizes our lives with her laugh in that way only someone who has known you since t-ball can. My memories of childhood are peppered by frenetic impassioned pep talks -I'd dream and dream and tell my buddy how we were going achieve the impossible; parents feared me, normal kids backed away, but Buddy laughed. She laughed and said (with ennui, yes), "why wouldn't we"? And we have, haven't we buddy? The first time she came over to my house, I told her I fancied myself a photographer (we were 13) and she said, "yeah, I'm a model...." and that was our first photo shoot. This pic is a sweet one Buddy took from our most recent photo shoot (I'm not the model, I'm the one crouched beneath her). And in honor of Jenny Murray Hooks today, enter "iwantabuddy" at check out and you'll receive 25% off through the weekend. May I suggest: the Future Mrs. Hooks, Mrs. Hooks, the Jenny, the Fenny (yes, she's the editor of a big-time mag C (hello!), but shockingly dyslexic as a child or audaciously ennui -we still don't know). So, if you find yourself with a moment today please raise a glass of prosecco for my buddy, Jenny Murray Hooks and say to yourself "Everybody needs a buddy like Buddy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment