Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tailored pockets.


Recently a customer emailed regarding her recently purchased blazer pockets. She was wondering why they were "fake" pockets unlike the ones in the pictures. Oh, it makes me sad that someone even for a moment would think I'd fake pockets. I love pockets! I like to put special colors in them or hide in them beautiful details that are just for the wearer. Hello? It's practically a signature of mine, an outrageous lining color and an understated dress... But my point is, sometimes a tailored pocket comes gently sewn shut for the owner to open at his or her own time. Just poke a finger in find the stitch and pull or trim, it should come right out. oxxo

2 comments:

  1. Pockets are awesome---especially on dresses! I only carry a wallet, so pockets are a detail I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is a hoot! Fake pockets... ;) (I, too, *love* pockets.)

    You know what makes me crazy ... is when folks leave the little tacked down "x" at the bottom of a kick pleat of a coat or blazer. It's only meant to be there until the garment is sold, and then taken out by the new customer...

    ReplyDelete